We are working on completing a full restoration and when I turn on the turn signals, the interior lights and the voltage gauge pulsate. In addition, they dim when pressing the brakes. I have tried it with the car running as well and the same results. Here is what I have tried so far:
- New Battery was installed recently and is fully charged
- New Alternator was installed recently
- New headlight switch
- New printed circuit board on back of instrument cluster
- Scraped off the paint to make sure my grounds have good connections
- Unhooked the hardness for the taillights, turned on hazards and same results which leads me to believe it’s not in the rear lights.
- Verified the following grounds:
- Right and Lift side headlight grounds coming out of harness to core support
- Ground from battery to the front of the block
- Ground from the back of the engine to the firewall
- Ground from the transmission to the frame
- Ground connected to the dash from the instrument cluster
- Ground from the rear lighting harness
Is there somewhere that I could hook up an additional ground to verify if it is a grounding issue or to solve the issue?
Thanks for the suggestions as this one is really starting to frustrate me. I don't want to put the rest of the stuff in the dash and interior until this is resolved.