Firebird Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window tinting that was in my back hatch has started to fade and peel, the majority of which has already fallen off and all that is left is the glue substance. Is there a way to remove this and make the back window clear again ( its easier to see with the side mirrors because the back is so bad) it also has the rear defroster and even though I dont know if it works can I remove the tint without damaging the defroster? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
have used "prep all" several times melts the adhesive and it comes right of with a mild scotch brite pad. doesn't scratch the window glass

·
Registered
238 Posts
I put my car in sun, sprayed a bunch of nasty stuff (like simple green, windex, some soap , etc mixed in hot water) on the window, and covered it with black garbage bag (from inside). I let it stay for some time and then I just peeled it off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use a hand steamer, I just did my 72 who knows how long it's been on. Get the steamer hot, steam a pretty good area then concentrate from a starting point, once you get it started it comes off really easy , "in full sheets" then once you have it off spray it with glass cleaner and use the steamer and razor blade to scrape off some of the residual glue that was left behind... I should have done a video. I tried multiple methods and this by far is the best I've come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts