Firebird Nation banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I saw this thread but never responded. But, I had definitely noticed the drop off. Was a time when I usually posted something here several times a day. Then it eventually got to where there would be several days in a row where there was nothing to respond to that I knew anything about. Finally got to where I'd go a week or more without seeing any reason to post.

So, for months, I just quit even looking here.

Use to post a LOT on PY. But, there are too many "Experts" there. And many times they'll get into an argument, or just hijack a thread & get way off the subject the OP had brought up, or the question he had ask.

I still post there, but not near as much as I did. Still post the NHRA Stock & Super Stock class racing info & race results.

Agree with the others here that the price of a DECENT old Pontiac is way too much for most people. My favorite GTO was a '69. The one I bought new has turned out to be the ONLY new car I ever bought. Nowadays, a nice '69 GTO has a ridiculous price tag.

For many years now there have been LOTS of guys constantly lookin for bargain prices on the old cars, so they could buy & resell for a profit. Thus, the price just keeps getting higher.

The ONLY way I could afford the Pontiacs I'd like to have is to win the Powerball jackpot.

So, until that happens, I'll just talk about 'em & look at pics of 'em. :(

·
Registered
1969 Firebird 400, rebuilt 400/330 hp, factory A/C, suspension, tranny and interior upgrades
3 Posts
I realized that I joined this forum in April, 2015 after I bought a 98 Trans Am convertible...but I never posted. Now I'm seeing all kinds of familiar screen names from the PY forum, tjs, ponyakr, and others. I'm running down a bunch of UPC, Sales and RPO codes for my 69 Bird from the PHS docs. It's obvious the previous owner, while doing a healthy amount of upgrades/repairs/fixes to it, also changed some things. So I've been scouring the net to decipher my codes. I'll be surfing here between running my business and lining up more parts for repairs to my 98 TA and the 69. For now, here's the 69 Bird I have parked next to tjs 69 Bird with the RAV motor in it.

I'll try to drop in more often here than once every 7 years... Jim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice, unusual color combo, is it a painted or vinyl roof? I also joined the site when I had my 97 Convertible, but did not post often, I just bought this 67 Sprint a couple of months ago. 104,000 California Survivor.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Odometer Car

·
Registered
1969 Firebird 400, rebuilt 400/330 hp, factory A/C, suspension, tranny and interior upgrades
3 Posts
@cammerjeff my 69 was originally a Verdoro Green w/vinyl top. Previous owner did cameo white with a red painted top. The red got ratty, so I put a red vinyl top back on it about 9 months ago. Going to get it all repainted soon, same color combo. The 98 TA Vert is a flip flop, red paint with white top.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts