Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im leaving a parking lot and theres a speedbump. I think my car has been lowered abit and it scrapes sometimes. I slow down i do everything right and just as im creeping over the speedbump the car drops on it and the motor shuts off. I turned the key and it cranked for a while and then started up. I drove home and tried to get a good look under the motor but it was too low to see anything. I shut the car off and it shook slightly for a second or two no more. By this point im scared so i fire it back up and i thought it made a strange noise but i could just be paranoid. I turned it off again and no shake. I parked it on a driveway to try and look under and everything seemed alright but idk. Its not leaking but i wonder if i broke anything inside the motor or something.

·
BillyMagg
306 Posts
So im leaving a parking lot and theres a speedbump. I think my car has been lowered abit and it scrapes sometimes. I slow down i do everything right and just as im creeping over the speedbump the car drops on it and the motor shuts off. I turned the key and it cranked for a while and then started up. I drove home and tried to get a good look under the motor but it was too low to see anything. I shut the car off and it shook slightly for a second or two no more. By this point im scared so i fire it back up and i thought it made a strange noise but i could just be paranoid. I turned it off again and no shake. I parked it on a driveway to try and look under and everything seemed alright but idk. Its not leaking but i wonder if i broke anything inside the motor or something.
I'm sure its fine, sounds like it just died and slapped the pan on the speedbump? That could nock some crud loose in the carb and stir up junk in the bowl? It might take a couple of starts/stops for it all to get cleaned out, so crud in the jets maybe blow it out with a little jetspray gum-out. I'm assuming you didn't flatten the oil pan or bend that, but if you did, you wouldn't be the first. You would have to nearly flatten it to do any damage to the rods or crank, so I'm betting that its fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts