Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I ordered a kit that came with all new carpet, headliner, package tray, door panels. It also came with a piece that came with the new upholstery, but I'm not sure what it's for. My thoughts was that maybe it was supposed to go over the drive shaft tunnel between the two rear seats? Can anyone tell me what it is? I did notice the carpet was too short to cover the whole tunnel. I did put another piece of carpet in there (it wasn't finished being trimmed and placed in the pic), but I can't recall if I cut that middle part too short since it's been so long since I put the carpet in. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes, it goes between the rear seat bases and the side cutouts are to clear the belts. From about 77 or 78 up the carpet was extended and this piece dropped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, the car is an 80. Perhaps they sent the wrong carpet then? I don't recall cutting the back edge to get it in there. At any rate, you can kind of see where the carpet line is, but it's not too bad. I'll have to post pics when I get the other seat in there.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Many of the cheaper carpets probably end at the seats since it's an extension piece. May not be original but if the colour is good I'd add it. It's vinyl though so can look a little odd in a velour car. Easy to lay it there and see!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts