Firebird Nation banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I got around to doing some body work. Repaired some old damage the previous owner had done while it was in storage in a garage. Apparently a ladder had fallen into the fender and they did some hack body work and finished it in an attempted blend with some kind of spray paint. That was a must fix so she's nice and smooth again. Funny with this paint you could look at it head on it looks almost identical and then you look at it depending upon how the lights hitting it or the shadows even the rest of the car panel to panel looks different but it's really not. Funny how light can play tricks on your eyes. I'm sure the fact that it's fresh paint and cleared coat that's going to make a difference in the gloss and depth even though I blended and buffed the rest of the car to try to bring back the original clear coat a bit more. I did blend the rear of the fender and also blended into the nose cone so it wouldn't be completely obvious with the body lines I'm actually very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Every weekend and most of the days between lately I've been rebuilding my house. Between being almost 50 years old, cheaply constructed, hurricane damage, poor repairs that initiated water damage done before I owned it, and termite damage, every single exterior piece of wood had to be replaced along with a lot of structural work as well. Hurricane season is here and I really need to get the roof replaced due to damage from Irma. Roof can't be installed till the structural work is completed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Last Saturday landscaping next Saturday garage cleaning and motor cycling washing. But Wednesday going to a Brewers game senior day. LOL

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
John, looks like you are having WAYYYYY too much fun.

Hopefully hurricane season is mild this year.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts