Firebird Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometimes hear what sounds like pressure release - hissing - creaky moaning from near the ABS module...

I'm not sure exactly where the noise is coming from, I can usually hear it after going for a drive, when I park it in the garage.

Is this normal to hear some sort of pressure release noise from this area?

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,083 Posts
Check the AIR pump and hoses that are near the ABS unit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the source of the noise... I have a hose protruding out from the firewall into the engine bay, on the LHS (american drivers side) which releases some sort of liquid (from where, I'm not sure) and the liquid is dropping down onto the exhaust. It looks like water, but at this point, I have no idea what the hose is for, so I'm at a loss to explain it, I might just re-route the hose to go off to the side a little.

Note that this car is converted to LHD, so who knows what's done to it.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,405 Posts
Where is the A/C evaporator located in your conversion? Condensate from the evap coil? Since it's summer there, is it hot and humid?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bwhaha, I had a giggle about the "summer" comment, because it's been cold and raining here in Sydney for 3 days straight. It's flooding across NSW.

Not sure exactly where it lives, I know the heater is on the LHS, I'll need to keep an eye out to see if it only drips when the A/C is on or not.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
If it's been raining in NSW, could that be some kind of drain that's been fitted to car. Your evap is located on the same side as the ac hoses go into firewall.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,405 Posts
I suspect they had to keep the evap coil and heater coil together to get the system to work.

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Using the defroster will cause condensate. Betting thats whats dripping on the manifold. Normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts