Firebird Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1969 2bb 350 2 speed auto. I am having a number of minor problems that have the leanings of a vacuum problem. My shop manual is of no value and Chiltons has vacuum schematics for only a dual action distributor using a 5-port thermostatic vacuum switch. Trouble is, my distributor is not dual acting and there is an adapter that plugs onto the 5-port switch which seals off 2 of the ports and converts it to a 3-port switch. I recall some years ago coming across the explanation for this set-up but for the life of me, I can no longer find any reference whatsoever to it. Help? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm hoping if I ask the question differently, someone can help. Does anyone have a vacuum set-up on a 350 that is different from the apparent original that you could take a picture of? Getting desperate so thanks for any information.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I can figure out how to do it, I certainly will, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay, I've got that on my old intake. I have one vac line going to a metal line on the front of the carb. I have another line going to a T and one going yuk the back of the carb towards the bottom. The other lines are not connected to anything. I don't know if that helped, but I hope so

1 - 12 of 12 Posts