Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember "back in the day" my 78 TA had an "Unleaded Fuel Only" decal on the rear bumper just below the license plate. I want to put one on my current Martinique Blue 78 and I see that several sizes and styles are available. These include 3-11/16, 4, and 5 inch wide and also black, white and outlined letters.

Does anyone have a Martinique Blue 78 TA with an original decal who could tell me what is correct?

Shaky

·
Registered
904 Posts
The repros are often oversized and sometimes different font. I have collected both, including the NOS GM. There is one that is very close,same length just slightly taller but couldn't say who supplied it years on. I'd post a photo but am without computer with all my pics for a few days.
They are black surrounds on a silver/grey letter. 8-3/4" long and 5/16" high.

·
Registered
904 Posts
NOS original is 87mm (3-7/16"). The closest one in both size and font style is bolder but 3.5" long. It may have been from Phoenix Graffix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great! Thanks for the pictures and the tip on Phoenix Graphics. I'll give them a call.

Shaky

·
Administrator
3,302 Posts
If you are a do it your self type guy, you can get decal paper on ebay, amazon, etc. They have it for both inkjet and laser printers. I use photo shop to make the decal picture then print it with my inkjet printer. As long as you can find a pic the job is easy. With no pic, you can design the decal yourself.

Photoshop lets you expand the pic so much that you can work with individual pixels. That way you have complete control of what the finished decal will look like. I bought my copy of photo shop for $5 at a thrift shop. Try craigslist for a cheap copy.

Made decals for my old John Deere 180 lawn tractor. You can't tell the difference between the originals and what I made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts