Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just orders year one snowflakes 17x9
I want to keep the stock height of my car (1979 firebird formula) I want the front tires to fill my wheel well but not rub if possible and my back tire to be bigger than my front let’s say 255/50 in the rear and 255/35 in the front I believe should be fine for what I’m looking for next question what tire combination should I get I was looking for a tire with white lettering if at all possible but keep good street performance I live in West Virginia and plan on keeping it stored in winter but i want a tire good for wet mountainous terrains like back roads for cruising any help would be very much appreciated thankyou

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are skirting 2 different driving conditions/needs here between "good street performance" and "wet mountainous terrains." I don't know of any wet performance tires to recommend but.....for street performance I'm very happy with my Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/Ts. These are true street tires. I have 255/60/15s on my 74 Trans Am front and rear. AS A FOLLOW UP: I would not recommend any sort of "performance driving" in a GM F-Body on wet roads anywhere anytime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts