Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 firebird trans am 5.7 lt1
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my temp gauge isn’t responding, i put my key in and turn it to acc on and even then my temp gauge doesn’t move at all i don’t know what to do any tips ? all my temp sensors seem good but my gauge isn’t moving at all

·
Administrator
15,109 Posts
Test procedure:

Scroll down past the resistance chart.

Could be as simple as the wire/harness falling off the sensor in the driver side head, between #1 and #3 spark plugs.

Reactions: brianb

·
Administrator
15,109 Posts
Just realized, I already responded to your earlier post about the same problem? Any reason you didn’t respond to that post?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just realized, I already responded to your earlier post about the same problem? Any reason you didn’t respond to that post?

honestly i forgot i made that last post

·
Administrator
15,109 Posts
Read the first paragraph in the link I gave you. That covers the DVM and resistance measurements. The procedure for measuring volts is covered further down on the that page. The device is probably more accurately described as a “digital multimeter” (DMM).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read the first paragraph in the link I gave you. That covers the DVM and resistance measurements. The procedure for measuring volts is covered further down on the that page. The device is probably more accurately described as a “digital multimeter” (DMM).
no no i know the process on how to text it i’m asking what brand and model of dmm you’d recommend

·
Administrator
15,109 Posts
Read the second sentence of the writeup. It describes a critical requirement for whatever meter you choose - at least 10 megOhms impedance to avoid damaging the PCM. The writeup was prepared 20+ years ago… maybe everything digital meets that specification today.

I have a 25+ year old Craftsman that I bought at Sears, back when they were still selling tools with somewhat decent quality (although no longer made in USA). I'm not up to data on the current choices available. Like anything, the market seems to be dominated by the typical low-priced junk from China. I would ask an electronics professional or hobbiest for a recommendation. I'm a mechanical engineer, not an electrical engineer.

Someone who has a newer make/model that is still available will hopefully fill in the blanks here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts