Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install the t tops on my 1994.formula.I used all the exterior parts off of you trans am. Seats,dashboard,ram air.etc. can T-Tops be done as well.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,403 Posts
Do you mean you want to use the Trans Am T-tops in place of your existing Formula T-tops? If so the answer is yes.

Or do you mean your Formula is not a T-top car, and you want to convert it to T-tops using the components from the T-top Trans Am? The answer is still yes, but it's a more complex procedure involving cutting the steel beams out of your Formula roof support.

As I recall, you posted this topic about six months ago, "sea dog" tried to help you, but you never followed up on that thread.

Appears the Trans Am is a 98-02.

And I have to move this because "Prospective Members" isn't the place for tech question.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My computer has been down .yes I did post a few months back...I'm on my phone app.
My computer has been down .yes I did post a few months back...I'm on my phone app.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Nice to know your computer is down, but you have to tell us what exactly you are trying to do with the T-tops.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
If you mean your 94 Formula was originally equipped with T-tops, but the top panels are missing, the 98-02 panels should fit fine. Haven't you just tried it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just found this post also one was sent to my email directly...1994 firebird has a hard top ,..I have a 1997 TA.I used for parts .I put all the trans am exterior parts on the firebird .now it looks like a TA.I was wondering if the t tops can be used on the firebird..

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Sure. You have to cut the composite roof panel off at the midpoint, cut out the steel roof side support beams, and add all the T-top components.

The procedure it IDENTICAL for all 4th Gen F-Bodies - Camaro, Firebird, Z28, SS, Formula and Trans Am. From the beltline up they are all the same car. They did not change the roof structure at any time in the 4th Gen.

Go here:

http://www.dw-zone.com/

On the links list at the top, click on "My 94 Firebird Formula (Sold It)"

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and click on "T-Top Install Page"

Extremely detailed "how to".

drv_roof_gone1.jpg

drv_roof_gone2.jpg

drivers_front_first_cut.jpg

Reactions: GaryDoug
1 - 8 of 8 Posts