Firebird Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi guys. Normally it takes a lot to upset me and I just wanted to alert people that summit clearly dont give a crap about their international customers.

Ive messaged them repeatedly to change their advert and they dont, they say its down to the web team and fob me off.

http://www.summitrac...P-92727501551S/

In black and white in the small print at the bottom "and includes carbon steel wire locks".

I can confirm that they dont, they acknowledge this and are not meant to include them having spoken to JE. I booked time off work to build an engine (383) and over here in England one must be 100% certain when ordering bits from the US. This totally ruined me and hence I still have an engine in bits with these locks missing. When I order stuff I have to be sure its right and certain every time. If their ads are misleading then Im sunk.

Its hard enough for me here owning a rare car and I always used to adore summit. Been to two of their stores, spent thousands of dollars and this isnt the first of their screw ups.

I just wanted to make people aware because they're taking the piss with me and I'll never order from them again.

Jegs are good right? I understand things can go wrong but this has upset me no end. Not only did they screw up my build they cant even change their small print. I made them aware weeks ago and all I want is to be listened to by them, not promised vouchers that dont materialise.

A

·
Registered
306 Posts
very interesting thx for the heads up

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would send JE a nasty letter or give them a call and let them know that the misrepresentation of their product on Summit website could give them a bad name. Then I would simply call Summit, and return the item demanding a refund. Then order from someone else. Life will go on. When all is said and done enjoy the rest of the time you took off. Remember good things are worth waiting for. You will get it done.

·
Psycho Joe
1,298 Posts
SUE them.... False Advertisement..... Print the page, so u have proof.... copy all ur emails and date and time everything, keep ur receipt of purchase and take pics and everything......

G

·
Just spread the word that Summit isn't to be trusted and we shall speak with our dollars by going elsewhere. For example, I vehemently denounce Meinekes after suffering from their shoddy work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah racing green I live in sheffield but from London. The cars there now but I'll drive it up next week (at our $9 a gallon prices) so I can use it up here.

They replied, the "team leader". They changed it and gave me the usual apologies but its not enough really. Ive easily spent $5000 with them as I have an S10 pick up which requires stuff too. They can give me money or take a hike.

This was their second chance. Their first screw up was when my brother was in florida and I requested a delivery that had to be on a thursday. They put the order on hold because of the different address (even though id checked with the customer service guy it would be ok) and hence it arrived after he'd left to return here and I had to get it returned and lost out on the expensive next day guaranteed postage.

So yeah not impressed.... still go Rockauto I say!! They rule!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Summit has goofed up on the fine print when I bought stuff from them too - the headers I bought claimed to have 2.25" collectors but had 2.5" so I had to run to O'Reilly's to grab a converter. I contacted Summit and told them about the problem. Took about 2-3 months but they eventually changed the fine print.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It just gets worse. They claimed to have contributed $40.80 towards these locks when I finally ordered them, so i checked my bank statement and the money was taken from me anyway. Ahh theyre a joke. They cant add, they dont listen and offered me $50. [EDIT] I used to love them too

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: OK.... calm down. Please do not use the f-word, or any approximation thereof. Not acceptable.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I must say with all the money you have spent there you would think they would make this right for you, not impressed at all.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,299 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers. Lol sorry Mr moderator, I apologise. They could drive a man to drink though. Imagine being told they had covered the cost and you find out when you look at your statement they charged you anyway! Its not even about the money its the hassle and the not listening when editing the small print really got to me. Apologies again.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,299 Posts
I'm not complaining about you. I sent Summit the link to our website because I wanted them to see what they were doing to their own reputation. And I wanted to try to help you get this fixed.

I'm encouraging our members to send them a message to help you also. That's why I put the link to Summit's Customer Service page here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No I know, I was apologising for using the F word in my earlier post which was edited... Too right, Ive got friends over here that have had issues with them as well. I never complain about stuff usually but this has made me so angry as of late. Thanks for the support.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
4,299 Posts
I got a response from Summit's customer service, much quicker than I expected. It was just a generic response, but at least they looked at our site and they know people are unhappy.

Thank you for your interest in Summit Racing and bringing this Firebird Nation thread to our attention. We appreciate the forum members taking time to let us know how we are doing. We value their comments; they help us improve our products and service to insure you get the parts you want, when you want them.

If you ever have any other suggestions or comments about Summit, please drop us a line-we read every letter and e-mail we get!

Thank you for your business
Summit Racing Equipment​

1 - 17 of 17 Posts