Firebird Nation banner

Something to get bugs off your bumper CHEAP

4K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  Transam96n93 
#1 ·
So i have to most high tech way of getting the baked on bugs off ur bumper and mirrors cheap. Soapy HOTTTT water. I learned it from my dad a while back and it works better then all the stuff u buy from the auto place. just thought id share an inside secret.

#6 ·
Doesn't HOT water remove the wax/polish. I have always washed my car with coll water.

If you want to remove those bugs, if your car is waxed or polished well they come of easy, but if it isn't use a spray detailer, it will remove them without removing the wax or polish underneath. MOST cleaners will remove your wax or polish. Oh, get used to the bugs, just the way it is. I've considered getting some Crash Wrap for night driving/longer trips, it also protects from chips and raod rash.

#9 ·
Engine degreaser is probably not too good for the paint. Even if it is waxed. That stuff is a really harsh chemical and will probably eat away at your finish. I wouldn't recommend doin' that, unless you want to slowly get rid of your clear coat. Factory clears are not thick at all and can even be stripped off if you use too harsh of a rubbing compound or polish, much less an engine degreaser. Waxing afterwards isn't going to do much either I don't think. Wax only lasts so long and even then it doesn't have the same protective capabilities as your clear coat.

-Harry

#10 ·
elbow grease. Thats how I get mine off. Ill have to try the wet dryer sheets though haha.

#12 ·
I use wet dryer sheets too. I just get them soaked, wipe over a large area to let it soak and then just wipe the bugs off. It is amazing how easily they come of this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.