Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a used set of snowflakes that i plan to have repainted and use on my car. i need to buy center caps, and from what ive found there are two kinds that are available specifically for snowflakes; round and hexagonal. if you look at the shape right outside of the center hole, it is 10-pointed, like 2 5 pointed stars. for that reason, i don't want to use hexagons as i don't like the way they look with the 5/10 pointed shape. i saw the pentagonal caps for honeycombs and thought that they would look good, but i cant find any info on whether or not they will fit. has anyone tried this? or at the very least, could someone give me the diameter of the hole for honeycombs?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Exactly. The hex caps clash with the pattern of the snowflake and the stud pattern. The honeycomb caps are completely different and basically a flat plate. You'll be after the plain round stainless caps but they aren't cheap new, but not cheap chromed plastic rubbish either. The hex caps were only used on 80-81 snowflakes.

27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that they are flat, but i don't need/want them to stick out. But will they actually fit in the hole on snowflakes? i just think it would give it a more unique, geometrically flowing look, but i'm not willing to buy a set just to find out. i read something about the hole on honeycombs being 3 inches in diameter, but that doesn't seem right from the pictures I've seen. the holes on my snowflakes are 3 inches from what i just measured now. i cant seem to find dimensions for honeycomb holes or caps anywhere else. Couldn't someone out there just grab a tape measure or calipers and go measure their center holes/caps on their honeycombs real quick?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts