Firebird Nation banner

Snow Removal

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  buddyfirebird 
#1 ·
How do you remove snow from your car without scratching it and creating swirls?

I used the brush and wiped off my T-Tops, Windshield and Rear Window then lightly brushed the snow off everything else but not going all the way down, just enough so the sun can help melt it. Is there a better way?

Thank you

#3 ·
I clear the windshield and the windows, that's it. I leave it elsewhere. When I first got it in the 2010-2011 winter, I scrapped the snow off. Showed in the paint immediately, so I stopped.

#4 ·
With a brush? Never really scratched my car brushing snow off it. Ice scraper on the other hand, that's scratched a few windshields but I've found one that works for me now

I clear my driver and passenger window, and clear where the window connects to the rubber around the driver side (who wants snow to fall inside the car when you open the door?) And I clean the windshield, sometimes the rear window. Don't touch the ttops.

#5 ·
I wait till spring LOL

#6 ·
In NJ, there's a substantial fine for failing to completely remove the snow and ice from your vehicle.

#8 ·
Nick, if you look closely at your paint, you will be able to see the fine scratches in the clear coat from the brush scratching it. Trust me, it shows up better on darker cars, but it's most likely scratching yours too, just not showing up as well.

#10 ·
How about putting a good quality cover on your Bird prior to it snowing? The you can brush off the snow or ice without damaging the paint. Make sure you have some nice flannel on top of the paint or a good soft man made fiber to help prevent scratching. A little pain putting on the cover but might work for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.