Firebird Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 67 has both shocks mounted front of axle, 67 has stem top eye bottom

Second Gen is eye top mounted with 2 bolts, stem bottom and stagger mounted on rear

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I can probly make the pass side work but the drivers side won't reach behind the axle with the coil on, maybe a plain shock but not the coil over and its a real hard angle, I would flip the shocks and then they mount as 1st gen but it says on them not to

The other issue I see is that the top of the shock would allow water and such to enter the trunk via the shock towers

I also seem unable to locate spring helper shocks for the rear of the car on first gen

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think what I may do is Fab a bar to mount the shocks inboard of the frame and springs, this will allow me to use the second Gen coil overs and go wider on tires

There are at least 3 styles of bar commercially produced but they are all over $100 I can probly Fab for nothing using leftover materials from old projects

If I do I will be sure to document it with pics
Something simple like this bar, then just swap the traction bars left /right to get the shock tabs inside the springs
http://www.google.com/search?q=67+camaro+rear+shock+relocation+kit&client=tablet-android-att-us&biw=1024&bih=720&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiN29rG78DMAhUGaz4KHWWrCrUQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=Vzt-V18qubLO9M%3A

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Are you going to ditch the leaf springs all together? Maybe to a ladder bar setup?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So just a follow up on this topic, for now I welded tabs to the traction bars and went back to the 1 St Gen setup with the air shocks that were on the car, I may revisit this after I eventually get the body restored

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.