Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing 2 new rocker mouldings from Classic Industries. I have 2 mouldings and 1 rocker panel mounting kit. I am lost. I have no idea how these go on. Seems like I'm missing screws and maybe some clips. Does anyone have a picture or a link to a video?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have the right and left rocker mouldings and this one kit. The car still has the holes in the rocker panel from the original mouldings. I don't even know which side goes up. The flange or the rolled side. Either way it seems like it needs something to hide the flange. Thanks for helping Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Triangle Wood Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Automotive design Hood Gas Automotive exterior Space Hood Sleeve Automotive exterior Bumper Fender

Attachments

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
if you look really close at that mounting strip, you'll see that one side of it has a slightly beveled edge to help the trim slide under it. So in your picture, the side facing up goes against the car, the right edge is the top. Don't tighten it down real tight, leave it just a bit loose so the trim can slide under.

We used masking tape to lay out our line on the car to keep things level.

We never really could make sense of those plastic mounting pieces. We had repop fenders and they just didn't work well together. If I remember right one worked ok, but we ended up just screwing them in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to make sure I have this.... The mounting strip goes first with the screw holes up and the beveled edge down and facing out? Then the molding goes on...with the screws under the molding at the bottom? So you always see the screws holding the molding?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. The mounting strip is screwed into the rocker panel running just under the door, and inner top edge of the trim piece slides down over the mounting strip from the top and is then screwed into the bottom edge of the rocker panel and a screw at each end that is visible. I went and took a couple pics of mine, hoping a pic is worth 1000 words!

First pic (and don't laugh!) I tried to edit the pic to show you roughly where the mounting strip is beneath the trim. Basically center it between the wheel wells on the rocker.

Next two are just views from basically even with the trim piece, notice you can't see the mounting screws underneath. Next two are from under the car, there you see the lower mounting screws.

Last one is with the door open, so you can get an idea of position.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire Automotive parking light

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks from me as well Eric. Mine are still in the box and I'll be installing them soon. Your info will be a big help.

--Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts