Firebird Nation banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
That got me no where fast, looks like the owner of the company is just as big of a douche IMO as his customer service agents. Instead of ensuring his customers are taken care of and happy, he decided to argue and say he cannot afford to spend $50 on shipping. I guess that is too much for this guy to keep his customers. I give up and will just have to wait another 8 to 10 days for the new rack and pinion. If you buy from RockAuto.com and have a problem, good luck.
He can't afford to spend 50.00 on his mistake! He is dumber than dumb period!
I have spent more than the product cost to overnight ship to a customer because we made a mistake.
What he doesn't understand to the slightest degree is that cost at this point is NOT part of the answer in any way, its taking care of HIS MISTAKE, HIS CUSTOMER and HIS REPUTATION!
This is something an owner or General Manager does not even give any thought to period! Your only action at this point is to get the product to shipping and get it out the door, packed properly and phone your customer with the tracking number of the shipping company.
Next step is to call the customer let him know its on the way and followup the call the next day to make sure it arrived.
This lack of service and caring is non acceptable PERIOD!
I wouldn't order a free bag of money from this outfit!

·
Premium Member
36,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Pete and Jay. You are right Jay, I have even been accused of working for Rock Auto because I have promoted them so much. I guess they have become such a large corporation that they no longer care about their loyal customers. The real bummer is I finally found one locally and it would have only cost me $20 more (which was the cost of shipping anyway) to buy it locally. I am going to make sure I always try to buy locally form here on out. I think most of the local companies have realized that they have to price their merchandise competitively, so although you think you are getting a deal by buying online, the reality is, when you add in shipping, its only a saving of a few bucks, but the headaches when having issues could easily outweigh the few dollars you save when buying online. Not to mention the hassle of having to ship the core back so you can get your core charge back. Just look at the example on RockAuto in the upper left hand corner on how much you will save, but they leave out the cost of shipping. When you add in that cost of shipping, the price is nearly identical.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Its still mind boggling to me that any company could or would say I can't afford to spend the 50.00 in shipping
What but you can afford for 50.00 to get your mistake and lousy service advertised?
For 50.00 you can afford to lose so many potential customers!
Very simple math and how simple would you have to be not to get it!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah, I made a mistake this week and had to overnight a sleeping bag and some other stuff and it cost me $79.45.

He would have made his $50.00 back just on Jay, but he's too short sighted to see that.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
i've never heard of rock auto before but guess ill never be ordering from them!

·
Midnight Rider
223 Posts
I used to like them but had a simular problem with them.

they listed a motor mount on their site that was incorect for the application (ie 68 350 pontiac into a 80 firebird). when i emailed them about it, they got hateful and basicly told me to piss off.

Two days later, they corrected thier website to reflect the info I told them....

what a bunch of mushroom stamps!!!!

·
Premium Member
36,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I used to like them but had a simular problem with them.

they listed a motor mount on their site that was incorect for the application (ie 68 350 pontiac into a 80 firebird). when i emailed them about it, they got hateful and basicly told me to piss off.

Two days later, they corrected thier website to reflect the info I told them....

what a bunch of mushroom stamps!!!!
Thanks for posting this Robert, and it seems that they are a bunch of AH's.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
we should start a thread on all the parts people need and a list with prices at the end of the 30 days mail it to head of who ever and let them see what they missed out on and hope that $50 WAS WELL WORTH IT

·
Premium Member
8,316 Posts
Funny you should mention Rock Auto. My son and I ordered parts for his Nissan Pathfinder and of course sent the wrong parts and some of the packages containing fragile plastic/glass items looked like they went through a meat grinder and damaged goods too. We returned the parts with a note that we wanted a refund. Refund took approximately 6 weeks to finally get to us. We ended up going through JC Whitney and was pretty satisfied with the service we received. I doubt if I will use Rock Auto again too, also cancelled their newsletter.

Reactions: FBN Firebird Nation

·
Old and Slow
4,131 Posts
I know you have always recommended Rock Auto to me whenever I needed parts Bob. I've never used them since I usually buy locally. I have shopped their site before and considered buying from them.
Now, I will never consider buying from them.
They have made a BIG mistake by screwing you as a customer!

Reactions: FBN Firebird Nation

·
Midnight Rider
223 Posts
I've been nailed by JC Whitney also. I bought a dixie horn thru them that was supposed to have a 1 year warranty but was told that since my horn was exposed to the elements (mounted under a car hood...lol) that the warranty was void. Where the hell do they expect you to put a car horn? In with the driver?

The sad thing is, most of the local places, ie oriely's and Napa, buy their parts thru the same damn company rock auto does. They even carry the same part number in some cases!!!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
NAPA, get the good stuff!

Seriously, they have never failed me once and when they say they have hard to find parts, they do. It's amazing how much stuff they had for my firebird, i know
but thought I would get this in since somebody mentioned NAPA

·
Registered
199 Posts
Seems like the service industry is going down the toilet everywhere.

FBN +- 7000 potential customers might see this thread.And they will tell their friends.Wow 50 bucks bought a shit load of negative marketing, thats serious foresight from Rock Auto.Perhaps you should e-mail them a copy of this topic.Might get a reaction.Or at least an apology.

Rob

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Napa is excellent here too, the manager is a car guy running a 71 Cuda and he knows and appreciates our cars.
Anything they don't have in stock he has got for me in 2 days every time.

Rock Auto is obviously run by a non caring person both for the customer and the business and over time it will fail and be well deserved.

·
Premium Member
36,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Napa is excellent here too, the manager is a car guy running a 71 Cuda and he knows and appreciates our cars.
Anything they don't have in stock he has got for me in 2 days every time.

Rock Auto is obviously run by a non caring person both for the customer and the business and over time it will fail and be well deserved.
I just found out that Napa has one of their warehouses here, where they have almost everything. So I now will go to either Summit Racing or Napa whenever I need a part. We have Kragen and Pepboys too, but they don't have much at their stores.

I agree about Rock Auto, the owners were more rude and combative than their works, which goes to show where the workers get their attitudes from.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unbelievable, economy is down the tubes so you would expect businesses to try and go out of their way to keep their clients and grow ,not reduce thier client base with crappy service and bad attitude.Only way to stay ahead is more vigorous marketing and make sure service is better than anyone elses.Keep you share of the pie.Such a shitty attitude isn't the way to go and they are probably financially in trouble already.Especially at the moment , we as customers do not have to accept sub standard service.You made your point to them and it is up to them to change their attitude.If they are so arrogant that they don't heed your complaint/ advisement , well good luck to them.

Rob

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yo Bob, weird how they won't send you anything untill the monies in the bank but the other way round and its ..... U! when we feel like it.Or at "OUR "earliest convenience.So what if your vehicles off the road and you need it to earn a living.Basically couldn't give a s..t and nothing you can do about it.

Why do we HAVE to accept this.Mass action is all that works .FBN 7000 members +, mass enough?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts