Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin some things iorned out, trans leak stopped and motor purring now.
Next is tires which brings up size. Currently have 215 75 15 that are 25 plus years old. Stock 76 Formul that has been stored alot of its life, thank god it was Zbarted and in great shap.
I know you can measure a Jeep, can you measure a Firebird. The owners manual says 49.4 .
Springs are stock, she still sits a little higher in the front, bushings good tire wear perfect.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are measurements available from memory but in my experience it boils down to what look and function you want. My 77 always sat high by my standards. The longer I looked, the more I realized it was probably actually pretty close to factory fresh height. Still didn’t like it so I lowered it slightly. Many “original” cars have 40+ year old sagging suspension but end up not looking so bad even though they’re lower than stock.

·
Registered
874 Posts
To keep it easy, here's a rough guide, nearly all years of 2nd gen Firebirds were about the same figure. They measure back 36" from front wheel centre and measure a gap height, and same from rear wheel nearly 17". This diagram is a 1973 Firebird. The figures on a 1977 Firebird were 8.52" at the front, 7.9" at the back with full tank, refer to lower figures on 1973 diagram for same. Very rarely do they use the wheelarch measurement, seems easier, and don't compare the same year in a Camaro, different wheelarch size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts