Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pontiac Firebird Lover
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently acquired a 2000 Trans Am Firehawk about 2 weeks ago and noticed this random unplugged connector pretty much right under the PCV hose that connects directly into the intake on the passenger side. (Pic will be provided) Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Napier

Attachments

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,080 Posts
If the connector has 5 wires, it was for the EGR valve, which is missing on your engine; probably removed by a previous owner unless it wasn't on the Firehawks. The EGR valve is normally mounted to the passenger-side head using the two holes you see in the photo.

·
Pontiac Firebird Lover
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the connector has 5 wires, it was for the EGR valve, which is missing on your engine; probably removed by a previous owner unless it wasn't on the Firehawks. The EGR valve is normally mounted to the passenger-side head using the two holes you see in the photo.
Alrighty. Thanks man. I'll look into whether the Firehawks had them removed or not. Seems to idle and run ok without it though so there is a possibility. It does have longtube headers as well though so, then again, someone else may have taken it off, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts