Firebird Nation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help , old rad was wrong and rigged in, got a nice new aluminum and it fits but now the shroud is way spaced out, I can drill another hole in the shroud but it still won't be against the rad.

Should I just drill another hole in the bracket

The shroud is a older repop to fit 67-69
Oh and I have no way to attach the bottom of the shroud

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All done ended up drilling another hole farther back in the top bracket to get the shroud back against the rad.

Will need to figure out a bracket for the bottom

Good news car idles at 175* now with 180 stat, before it would overheat if idle too long, I am running factory fan

Suggestions for a factory looking overflow? ( I know there was no factory bottle)

Bad news thermostat housing leaks with new gasket so guess I need to go back and seal it

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
It bolts to the inner fender under the outer fender I don't
see how it could interfere

Reactions: Bad67Bird

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
This is true .

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I wish I'd seen this before, I just got a chrome reservoir that I think I'm going to be mounting on the passenger side of the radiator. It should look ok, but it won't be stock. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit to install it.

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Another option is to go electric fan and ditch that giant shroud/fan combo. Unless your trying to stay all stock type.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I already have one but as of right now I don't have that inner fender or fender on the car yet

I just finished repairing the fender so it will be a couple of weeks before I have this installed

I still have to paint

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah they had a giant new electric fan not wired mounted on the old rad, plus the engine fan and shroud, for now she runs perfect temp wise so I am not playing with the fan, will revisit later I'm sure;)

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
I used a fan assembly from a 3rd gen bird. Fit nicely after a small amount of trimming.

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Attachments

Reactions: Bad67Bird
1 - 20 of 42 Posts