Firebird Nation banner

Racing Stripes

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Bonnie 
#1 ·
Hey Firebird Nation,
Ive been a member for a little bit and have just been reading around but this is actually my first post. So I recently purchased a 1999 V6 Firebird off craigslist and its runs like a charm and the inside is beautiful. Ive just been trying to come up with some ideas for some aftermarket things to do to it. Ive always wanted racing stripes on a a car, for some reason ive always like that look. But when i try and picture them on my car i cant quite see it. I was curious if anyone has put racing stripes on their birds or have any pictures of them. I would just get a decal kit either just generic stripes and ive managed to find only one kit made just for a Tans Am. Or if anyone has pictures of any other related paint jobs with stripes on the sides or different rims that would be greatly appreciated! Im just trying to get a feel for what different things would look like, and if nothing catches my eye, then thats fine with me my baby beautiful the way she is! Anyways thanks in advance!

#6 ·
Haha, if you had the same car as me, you wouldn't need to know where to get the stripes :p

It's actually part of the Firebird GT package, and came on the car from the dealership. I'm not sure if it was exclusively in 2001 and 2002 that they did this. They are just vinyl decals, not painted on.

I'm sure there are sites out there that will sell all sorts of different decals. I've also seen a black firebird around with silver/champagne stripes with the same pattern as mine.

#7 ·
haha alright fair enough i dont have the EXACT same car as you i have a red 1999 firebird with the sport package, so kind close! but it looks basically the same. and yea i did find a set of racing stripes like that for 160 bucks, so im going to think about it. im just scared that if i dont like them and i go to take them off its will ruin the paint:/

#11 ·
Hey bonnie, ive been seeing you all over! i love your car by the way! but no i did not:/ i was a little too unsure of how they would look on the standard hood, if i had a WS6 with the ram air hood i would have in a heart beat. That and i also felt like my cars only a V6 so it might be a bit too flashy. I have bought Fender hashes to go over my front wheels but have yet to apply them out of being nervous over the look. I know i want something else on my car, but im scared to make the commitment...even though i tell my self i can always just peel it off haha. I started another thread asking opinions on the fender hashes as well and promised pictures and have yet to go through with it i feel bad haha. This weekend i might do it though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.