Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sending out a introduction into the pontiac world. I just purchased a 1978 trans am with the pontiac 400. I believe based on the research I have a special edition with the w72 (motor marked x7) y81 (hard top).

My motor is double stamped-looks to be some factory error. see pic Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tire Bumper anyone have any info on this? looks like the first stamped didnt set deep enough and look to be same numbers.

Just a hello and look forward to learning from each member in regards to my "bandit" car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan, Thanks for the welcome. Being the owner of ta's, can you recommend the best site for purchasing ta parts & accessories?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hy and welcome here, have fun.

National parts depot
Firebirdcentral.com
Classicindustries.com

For exsample...

Regards
Sascha

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Great to have you here.

E&A Garage, National Parts Depot and Phoenix Graphix are sponsors of our site and sell 2nd gen parts or supplies. Also, I've purchased from Ames Performance and Classic Industries.

There are other suppliers for more specialized parts, so when you get down to specifics and have trouble finding it, just post your questions, and we'll help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts