Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Trans Am L78 Auto Buccaneer Red
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plenty of production numbers out for models/engines, etc...but I've been looking for production number by paint color.

For example. My 77 TA in Buccaneer Red with the L78, auto and manual windows/locks is nothing special but I was curious how many 77's were made in Buccaneer Red.

Anyone know if or where these numbers might exist?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,291 Posts
This was pre/early computer era. Pontiac didn't keep that level of details. Be leary of any source that states they know the numbers.

Reactions: Texan

·
Registered
1977 Trans Am L78 Auto Buccaneer Red
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my Googlefu is strong and have every Bird source of info known to man bookmarked, yet nothing.. so I suspected as much.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,291 Posts
lol, I feel your pain. And I probably have those same links, plus a few printed books.

There is actually more documentation for Trans Ams then there is for any of the other models. For 71 and several other years, they lumped Base, Esprit & Formula together for engine & transmission combos. So I have no way to determine how many Formula 400s came with the M-22 transmission.

I would recommend Rocky Rotella's "Definitive Firebird & Trans Am Guide: 1970 1/2 - 1981" for a good source of year specific information. When Rocky was writing the book, he had access to documentation that us mere mortals only dream of having. He was able to go thru GM's libraries, the Pontiac museum's and numerous other sources. My opinion is that if Rocky didn't include it in the book, the information just isn't available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts