Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Pontiac Trans am
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 trans am and the driver side window rolls does not work. We were getting it ready for a car show so we took the door panel to try to figure it out. When we wiggled the plug inside the door and it rolled down. Since we got it down we put the door panel back on and then we tried to roll it back up and it did not work. So I am assuming it’s the plug but I am not sure what to buy. Also the passenger side window goes up and down but it has to have someone pulling it up or down for it to go. You can see the door panel move in and out when it goes up and down, I am not sure why.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Fairly standard, they are a bad design from new. They are wired so full power passes through the switch instead of a relay. The motors are also grounded entirely through the door hinges. Make sure these are clean and rust and gunk free for best grounding, add a separate wire from the body, through the rubber boot to the door shell or motor mounts. The overheated and damaged switch and wiring are usually already an issue. Rewire the lot with relays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts