Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with power steering leaks? I’ve had to add power steering fluid to my car every other day, or the pump is very loud. Is there a common line that leaks on these? 3.8 V6 Today, I came outside to a huge puddle of power steering fluid…and the steering is now tight. Anyone ever dealt with this?

·
Administrator
3,411 Posts
Refill the fluid. Jack up car and support with jack stands. Have an assistant run engine while he/she turns steerinf wheel. Look for leaks around pump itself. Then check the pressure line to steering rack. Then the return line from rack to pump.

If no leaks found, check the rubber boots on each side of rack. See if they are leaking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Refill the fluid. Jack up car and support with jack stands. Have an assistant run engine while he/she turns steerinf wheel. Look for leaks around pump itself. Then check the pressure line to steering rack. Then the return line from rack to pump.

If no leaks found, check the rubber boots on each side of rack. See if they are leaking.
It is leaking from the bottom hose, I think That’s high pressure. I’ll have it replaced this week. Just combing through what needs to be replaced outside of general maintenance. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts