Firebird Nation banner

Pontiac 75th Anniversary edition?

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  1993TransAm 
#1 ·
so i'm new here...lol..obviously. just bought a 2001 Formula with 57,700 miles for $11,000 and noticed that it's got a little badge on the fenders that says "Pontiac 75th Anniversary". All i can find online is it's dealer option that was available on different Pontiac models, but only regular Firebirds and Formulas. Just wondering how i find out more about it. like how many they did like it. anything you guys can tell me about it will be MUCH appreciated...i SO love this car...hahahaha.

#2 ·
You'll need to find what dealer sold it and ask if they keep records.

Rusty

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to FBN, Here is what I found from LS1tech:

Pontiac 75th Anniversary Firebird and Formula (2001) (Pontiac made a special package to commemorate the brand's 75th anniversary. It was designated with RPO code 1SX. Rather than any substantial performance or appearance changes, however, Pontiac opted to bundle the packages with badging and popular options. In fact, the Grand Am GT anniversary model was the only Pontiac to get its badging at the factory. All other '75th' cars received dealer-installed (optional) insignias. The Firebird V6 cars got the badging and the 3800 V6 performance package. The Formula got the badges, and a Hurst shifter in a manual or a 3.23 rear axle in an automatic. The Formula package probably also bundled T-tops, leather steering wheel, leather shift knob, and TA-style chrome 5-star wheels. There was no anniversary package known for the Trans Am, but some dealers may have installed the badges. At least some of them were installed on the B-pillars (behind the side windows). The other Pontiacs offered with '75th Anniversary' packages were the Grand Am GT, Sunfire SE coupe, Bonneville SE, Grand Prix GT/GTP, Montana, and Aztek. When the 2001 Firebird was still listed in the new car section of cars.com, the 75th Anniversary package was listed as one of the options. There wasn't much advertisement for it, but many dealerships were decorated with 75th Anniversary paraphernalia. The promotion ran from March 15, 2001 to April 30, 2001, and included various price discounts.)

#7 ·
This thread is 14 years old and the original poster hasn't been on this site in almost 13. 🤷‍♂️

#8 ·
I think she might have been answering my question in post #2 in this thread:

I was asking for the model. Then I referenced this thread for potential buyers who wanted to know more about the 75th Anniversary Edition.

#9 ·
I see that now...thanks! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.