Firebird Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Awesome pics of some great cars!!! lol Hey can I get a fullsize copy of the Year One Bandit car? That my son and I in the pic...lol I would like to hang a copy up in the shop.
Check your PMs, I need your email address.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
And a thanks to Heath for the company on Saturday's cruise. Hope you enjoyed the ride in an A body. Sorry for not having the A/C on. Two out of three trips west brought home awards. I'll have to keep going.

·
Koolaid-Man
1,337 Posts
And a thanks to Heath for the company on Saturday's cruise. Hope you enjoyed the ride in an A body. Sorry for not having the A/C on. Two out of three trips west brought home awards. I'll have to keep going.
Hey no problem about the a/c lol, dont need it. I had a great time riding in your GTO. That car runs out good! I like it! Was good seeing you again Rick. The whole weekend was awesome!!

·
Premium Member
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
During the event, alot of us were able to listen to the guest speaker, Jim Wangers, on the topic of "Who killed Pontiac?"
Afterwards, he was signing autographs and I took the time to meet him and purchace a couple of his books.

He is truely a great car guy and I was impressed with the way he took his time to personalize his signature to each individual waiting in line, sure it took a little longer, but it means alot to me to have made the effort to meet him!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,194 Posts
Who did he say was behind killing Pontiac?
Basically, nearly every general manager of the division after John Delorean was shown the door.
None of them understood what made Pontiac a "Pontiac".
Most were bean counters and not real car guys, so Pontiac was dying on the vine since 1970-ish, it just took till now to finally kill it off.

Mis-mangement and misunderstanding the product line were key problems that caused the death of Pontiac.
They stopped taking what mattered to customers into account and built cars that "they" thought would sell....how WRONG they were!

·
Premium Member
36,186 Posts
Basically, nearly every general manager of the division after John Delorean was shown the door.
None of them understood what made Pontiac a "Pontiac".
Most were bean counters and not real car guys, so Pontiac was dying on the vine since 1970-ish, it just took till now to finally kill it off.

Mis-mangement and misunderstanding the product line were key problems that caused the death of Pontiac.
They stopped taking what mattered to customers into account and built cars that "they" thought would sell....how WRONG they were!
I guess they have learned nothing from the past. The reason the Japanese cars did so well for so long was due to the fact that they actually went to the consumers to figure out what they wanted in a car, and this is what propelled their cars into top sellers with high customer satisfaction. GM has been mismanaged for so long it's not even funny, which pisses me off. The bailouts piss me off even more because those who caused the problems with GM were still able to make a killing.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.