Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the car out of the shop. They checked all the wiring. The sending unit is fine, they put an electric gauge new in the box, not stock but hooked up an electric gauge new to the wires that go to the cluster head, and it works just fine. They got it limited to the head cluster. I put on a new printed circuit board. I tried another gauge and it did not work. I am wondeirng if the head is not grounding out well but if that was the case would not the other gauges be giving me issues? Not sure where to go from here. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
An extra ground wire would be an easy addition. Perhaps the harness connector to the cluster is faulty.. sounds like it's just that oil pressure wire though. The new aftermarket oil pressure gauge uses the stock sender?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said it was compatible with the system on the car. They also said it all checked out good up to the cluster. I don't think it could be a ground because the rest of the gauges would be an issue. Or I would think so.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I run a dedicated ground to the back of the head cluster? If so do you guys have any recomendations on where to hook it in at? The only thing I have put in near the cluster is I hooked up an amp and hook up for my MP3 player to the front two speakers. I don't see that being the issue but maybe I don't know something about it that could be an issue. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts