Firebird Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
Total of 4. Two in front of the cats, and two after the cats.

Reactions: 1993TransAm

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
Just curious - this is from a month ago. Did you read my response? If so, did it answer your question? Did it help you?

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
And you didn’t have those codes BEFORE you replaced the O2 sensors? If not, why did you change them?

What brand sensors did you buy, and where did you buy them?

Is the exhaust system stock?

Reactions: GaryDoug

· Ramblin' Wreck
5,252 Posts
And you didn’t have those codes BEFORE you replaced the O2 sensors? If not, why did you change them?

What brand sensors did you buy, and where did you buy them?

Is the exhaust system stock?
Yikes. No cause and effect relationship study there huh?

· Registered
4 Posts
O2 sensors have been coming up for the last year when scoping my car. They are the only codes that ever come up. I ordered the o2s on the net. Had no idea what brand they are. Im not a mechanic and know very little about engines

· DELCO NERD
1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, LT1 5.7L V8
2,135 Posts
Did you plug them back in?

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
What were the specific codes when you were “scoping” (scanning?)? There are multiple codes for O2 sensors, and not all of them are specifically due to the sensor.

There are cheap (~$17) Chinese crap O2 sensors on Amazon that have a very high failure rate, often faulty right out of the box. Read the 1-star reviews. For best results use only AC Delco O2 sensors…. Yes they are expensive, but they generally work accurately right out of the box.

· Administrator
15,958 Posts
OK…. That's clearer. You said you changed the sensors and NOW you have those codes. But in fact you've had them for at least a year. So….. you replaced them and nothing changed.

Did you consider you might have a wiring problem, or that they are not getting hot enough to work, maybe a severe exhaust leak or vacuum leak? Do you have headers, and require O2 sensor extensions to hook up the sensors?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts