Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
1979 Trans Am
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy form Stavanger, Norway here.
Originally from Fife, Scotland but moved here 12 years ago in pursuit of the dream..

First T/A, it's a 79, Olds 403, seems to be pretty stock, still has the smog pump, cat & stuff.
Still finding my way around it a little.
Rust free which is the main thing, but the paint is at least 20 years old and is a bit tired, just sold my '00 Camaro SS 'vert so plan is to use the cash to finance new paint on this, hopefully next year, otherwise the plan at this time is to keep it as stock as possible. 馃巺

Been a car nut many years, mostly European cars, quattros, Alfa Romeos, stuff like that.
Past Americans, first was a '71 Cougar, loved the car but in Scotland, well, it just dissolved in front of my eyes.
Since moving to Norway I've run a Powerstroke Econoline for a while, sold my '70 T-bird a few years back to buy the Camaro.
Wifey just sold her '74 Vette, has had her '79 Olds Delta 88 for 15 years and is now enjoying her recently bought -93 G30 diesel van :)

Attachments

Administrator
Welcome to Firebird Nation! ! ! !

Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
Welcome Aboard! I owned an Interceptor for a while, fun bike, but the Goldwing was much more my style for rolling on 2 wheels. Car looks to be in great shape, congratulations on the find. Maybe a good cut and polish on the paint will do wonders. These cars are only original once.

Reactions: quattrothedog

DELCO NERD
1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, LT1 5.7L V8
Welcome!!! I love the 1979-1981 models!

Reactions: quattrothedog

Registered
1979 Trans Am
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally white, apparently it was painted in the US before it came to Norway.
Returning it to white is currently an option on the table, need to have a wee think about what direction to take it 馃
The red paint maybe isn't the best job and it's picked up a few battle scars...

Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
Great to have you here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts