Firebird Nation banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
IT WAS THE PICKUP COIL! thank you seriously to everyone who helped, I would be utterly lost without any of you. I have it timed right now at TDC so I could install the distributor so I’m gonna get a timing light on it and set it to 12 because that’s what’s labeled on my car. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!

·
Registered
1975 Firebird Formula / 400ci 6.6L V8 / TH350
12 Posts
I just had this same issue with my 75 formula. if you have already replaces the coil, and module you can also try replacing the rotor. i replaced all three of those and my car started right up. not saying that its for sure your issue but its an easy swap. if not you can check the wires them self to see if they are getting spark and then pull one off distributor and see if its getting spark to wire

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,968 Posts
I just had this same issue with my 75 formula. if you have already replaces the coil, and module you can also try replacing the rotor. i replaced all three of those and my car started right up. not saying that its for sure your issue but its an easy swap. if not you can check the wires them self to see if they are getting spark and then pull one off distributor and see if its getting spark to wire
You do realize that he solved the problem? Read post #22

21 - 26 of 26 Posts