Firebird Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am getting my direct fit cat w/ y pipes tomm. I have been working on removing the existing set-up, but I am stuck. The 2, 2 bolt flanges that connects the y-pipes to my headers is too crowded. I have a regular socket wrench, I can get the socket on the bolts but I can not turn the wrench. I need a straight socket wrench, which I have but the socket needed is too large for the straight wrench. I hope I am not confusing anyone, cause I am deff confusing myself. All help is appreciated. Its been almost 1 month since my car has been drivin and firebird withdrawal is no walk in the park.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is no way im gonna weld anything, i spent the extra $ so i would not have to weld. im guessing the extensions is gonna be the best. I hope. Also there is one hanger where the cat pipe connects to the exhaust pipe (ie. the beg. of a cat back system) which looks very odd. anyone know of how to remove this? I may just cut it and get a new one.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
If it's that hard you might just want to find a GOOD local Muffler Shop. Yes I'm sure it will cost you. But the money might just be worth saving you the pain and aggravation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts