Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone, I just bought an 86 firebird 2.8l 5 speed from my great uncle who bought the car used in 88 with 17,xxx miles on it, it's now got just over 86,000 on it and everything mechanically is 100% bone stock which is a whole new world to me since I've only ever owned heavily modified older cars and never really tried to do a partial restoration on one of my own vehicles. The cars pretty rough now due to sitting for the better part of 15 years and my cousin starting the body and paint work on it but never finishing.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,275 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
1997 Pontiac Firebird WS6, 5.7L V8, LT1 348
171 Posts
Hope you have fun with the new car. I inherited a 1997 Pontiac Firebird last year and this website has been infinitely helpful in my endeavors to restore it. I envy you because I either wanted a newer Firebird so I would have the newer body style and LS based engine or an older one. It sort of just fell into my lap and is definitely a cool car. It being stock is probably a good thing, it means a lot of the people here will have an easier time helping you out if you ever need to work on the car. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope you have fun with the new car. I inherited a 1997 Pontiac Firebird last year and this website has been infinitely helpful in my endeavors to restore it. I envy you because I either wanted a newer Firebird so I would have the newer body style and LS based engine or an older one. It sort of just fell into my lap and is definitely a cool car. It being stock is probably a good thing, it means a lot of the people here will have an easier time helping you out if you ever need to work on the car. Good luck!
Thanks! It's not my first 3rd gen but it is the first bone stock 3rd gen I've ever owned and other than all the really shotty body work done on it by my cousin, the cars mechanically all there other than old rubber pieces that I've been replacing and I already priced out everything performance wise I wanna do to the engine until I can find a swap I feel like doing😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts