Ivan

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
yeah it needs cleaned up a bit.

·
Supporting Member
1,975 Posts
Looks like it will be good for some lateral support in the engine bay.

They need to smooth the welds and powdercoat it black for a show car.

·
Your Master
3,195 Posts
Looks like he stole a handicap rail from a public bathroom then just added a plate in the center...I like the idea poorly pulled off and waaaaayyy over priced! and I doubt he's done any testing to prove it's stronger just the theory "bigger rail must be stronger".

Matt

·
Elite Signature Maker
5,853 Posts
Ya don't look very good.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you guys read into it, The picture is the proto type, If you go to the site you will see they will have the welds cleaned up, they will put any design on it you want, and they will powder coat it any color you want. I DO agree it IS $$$$, But I'm hoping when they don't sell them the price will come down. In fact I think all strut tower braces are over priced. After all the company that is making them get FREE advertising for the life of the brace , you would think they could produce them a little cheaper. Also I have found the color selections are very limited. That's how I found that one, looking for one that comes in, or can be ordered in dark green.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,371 Posts
It would probably work better if they actually bolted it (the "finished" red version) down on the passenger side SHOCK tower.

I also don't like the fact that they slotted the mounting holes. Its possible for it to slip unless the nuts are torqued down really tight. The slotted mounting holes make it easier to install (no need to retract the upper shock/spring mount into the fender), but it compromises the intent of the bar.

Minor point, but no "struts" on a 4th Gen.... its a SHOCK tower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts