Firebird Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We picked up a 2000 Firebird a few months ago. It needs some mechanical work and this site has been very helpful with that.. Lots of good info here. Just wanted to stop in and say thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@ sea dog... Awesome, that will come in handy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed a set of 4th gen. Camaro SS wheels (ZR1 vette looking 5 spoke ones) and tires tonight, Thinking it looks okay but not 100% sure. Could not find a pic of a Firebird with this exact style of wheel on it but I'm sure someone on here has tried this before. Will try to post a picture of it tomorrow and hopefully get some opinions on it. Def. needs some Pontiac themed center caps for sure.

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,371 Posts
AFS ZR1/Grand Sport replicas, polished/clear-coat, 17x9.5 front, 17x11 back. Red Pontiac arrowhead in center.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Plant

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful car right there. Those wheels look really good to me on your car especially because of the dark green paint/chrome wheel finish combo. Our car is grey with the grey finished ZR1 wheels. Maybe too much grey....meh....I don't know but something seems off. Have to get it outside tomorrow during the day. Hard to tell in the garage. Our wheels are 9.5 wide on all corners so that could be why it looks different than yours too?

Ordered the blank grey center caps tonight before I saw this post. Where did you get the arrowhead logos Injuneer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle Plant Wheel Grille

Guess it looks better now than the base model wheels did before. Found the Pontiac logos for the center caps on ebay. Going to try the black logos and see how they look.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,371 Posts
I see what you mean. Maybe too little contrast between the body color and the silver painted wheels. A darker shade (not full black unless you like it), like a gunmetal or titanium metallic on the wheels. The "real" Corvette Grand Sport wheels were gloss black, with a bright metal lip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts