Firebird Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and a new Firebird owner. My son and I purchased a 78 Firebird formula 350 about a week ago and plan on restoring it.

I am a 48yo carpenter/superintendent for a construction company in Albany and my son is 18 and an autobody tech. We are both very mechanically inclined and know a bit about cars and my son is really excelling at the autobody work, it is like he is a natural to it.

We have a heated shop at our house to work in and access to the autobody shop on the weekends with use of the lifts as we need it. They will also let us use the paint booth when we get to that point. This is a project that we are going to do together and we are 50-50 owners of the car and splitting the costs of the rebuild but in the end the car will eventually be all his. I am basically financing half of the project for driving privileges and some decision making during the build.

We have put together a budget and an outline of what we are tackling and in what order. I am going to start another thread in the second gen forum and attach the budget and schedule looking to get your opinions as to what we are forgetting about or to let us know if we are way off base. This is our first build so we will be looking for any input we can get.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Great to have you here and congrats on the new car.

I'm going to move your other thread to the Showroom, with the rest of the builds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts