Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya tried to add more pics but having trouble doing it?

Anyways super stoked!!!! Got this 78 Formula. 1 owner car, parked in a barn since 1991, paid 2K Canadian {which is currently like 500$ U.S.(hahaha j.k.... but it feeeeeels like it right now.) }

400 Pontiac, all there noth'n missing, just dirty, little bit of rust in the rear lower quarters. Put a new battery in tonight and everything lights up. Lights, high-beams, door buzzer, heater, fan, wipers, radio, EVERYTHING! So this is a good sign. Gonna change the fluids and see if she'll fire up. :lol:

·
BillyMagg
306 Posts
Ya tried to add more pics but having trouble doing it?

Anyways super stoked!!!! Got this 78 Formula. 1 owner car, parked in a barn since 1991, paid 2K Canadian {which is currently like 500$ U.S.(hahaha j.k.... but it feeeeeels like it right now.) }

400 Pontiac, all there noth'n missing, just dirty, little bit of rust in the rear lower quarters. Put a new battery in tonight and everything lights up. Lights, high-beams, door buzzer, heater, fan, wipers, radio, EVERYTHING! So this is a good sign. Gonna change the fluids and see if she'll fire up. :lol:
Did she fire up Joe?? and welcome aboard bruda!

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Great to have you here and congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not running yet... siphoned out all the old gas, added some fresh fuel. Added a little methyl-hydrate. Changed the oil and filter. She fires but won't stay running. So now I'm gonna change the plugs, wires, cap/rotor and the coil.

Hope for the best. :29snick:

(incidentally I checked the odometer today it reads 33757 KMS.... I'm inclined to think that is accurate as the car has been off the road since 1991...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts