Firebird Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone,

Wanted to thank you guys for the acceptance and to introduce myself.

My name is Wolfgang (Wolf).

I own a 1973 base Firebird. (I suppose you would call it a resto mod)

It's Buccaneer Red (It's original color) black interior. has the chrome exterior trim. With rear spoiler(also original) No A/C.

I put a functional ram air hood on it.

I put in a 1967 Ram Air III 400 - bored 60 over

It still has it's original Turbo 350

I also changed the rear end to a 12 bolt (out of a 1970 Formula)

It also has Honeycomb wheels

At the moment - I haven't driven or started her in about 6 years.

So, this coming up new year I plan on dropping and cleaning out the fuel tank. Then doing the usual fluid change for the engine. Change spark plugs.

I am looking to change it's carburation - perhaps fuel injection. Haven't decided yet.

Again, thanks for the add,

Wolf

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome,im just over in long beach if you need any help.FYI before someone jumps on you.There was no RA III in 67,69 was the first of 2 years with a III.Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome,im just over in long beach if you need any help.FYI before someone jumps on you.There was no RA III in 67,69 was the first of 2 years with a III.Tom
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the offer - and -- the correction. Damn - I hate when I do that!!

Take care,

Wolf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Folks,

Sorry for my miss speaking on the engine I have. It is actually a 1967 RA engine as it has the "670" heads. (Not presently on the motor -- but, will be back on it - soon. (I'll take a look at the block as soon as I can - to get the block code)

Thanks again,
Wolf

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Great to have you here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wolf,there is a pontiac show on jan 30th at the fullerton airport.Tom
Hey Tom,

Thanks - for the heads up. Unfortunately -- I have a previous engagement that day. Would have been great to come out and see all of that Poncho power.

Wolf

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to FBN ! :welcome500:

Unless this car will be a daily driver, I'd go with a GOOD Q-jet, instead of FI. To me, it's just the way Pontiac V8's should be. They never came with FI. All the RA, HO, & SD engines had carbs. So that's the only way they look right. IMO :smile22:

http://www.everyday-performance.com/quadrajet_carburetors.htm

http://www.smicarburetor.com/products/sfID1/28/sfID2/9/sfID3/100

Don,

Since writing my introduction, I have come to that conclusion as well. I will stick to the tried and true Q-Jet. Looking at picking up an SMI. But - first, I need to address the torque converter and install a shift kit (B&M transpak).

I will also be sticking to the 6X heads. I was considering putting the 670 heads back on. But, after a bit of research - have decided against it.

I do try to keep my car period correct. As much as possible. I did upgrade the ignition system to an MSD. (I hid it in the trunk)

Thanks,

Wolf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well - I don't have permission to edit my own posts. (yet).

I really need to get out to my car more often. As my memory really sucks!! Since joing this forum, my enthusiasm for my car has grown. Looking forward to getting her back on the road.

I do not have 6X heads. They are 4X 7H (With screw in studs). These are rated at 98cc's. Not quite 6X -4's. But, for my purposes- they are good.

The block is a 1967 YT.

Wolf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts