Firebird Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year from the Not So great white north. My name is Derek and finally in July 2015 I decided that it was time to finish a Trans Am. Came across this car in Toronto in a unfinished state and have been working hard to complete it for the spring. The picture was taken Christmas eve which was the first time I heard it run and was able to drive it around the block a few times. It is a 455 4 spd car and the great thing was it was sold new 15 mins from my house at a small long gone Pontiac dealer. Other then the wheels (have originals) and the exhaust it is pretty much a stock vehicle. Finding a original Canadian car that is able to be restored is VERY difficult, I'm very fortunate to have found a car like this. I can hardly wait until the warm weather returns!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Very nice Derek Love the color man!!!

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum, beautiful car. Please tell me there was no salt on the road when you took her for a ride.

·
Admin - Firebird lover
1968 Convertible 400, 200 4R, 1971 Formula 400 M-22 Rock Crusher, 1984 Trans Am...........
4,305 Posts
Welcome to FBN. Beautiful car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the compliments, it's a great car but still have alot of ground to cover to finish it. The first car I owned was a 1970 Firebird Esprit, it was a piece of crap and got written off in an accident. We all have fond memories of our first car and I always said I would get another one, 60 cars and 37 years later I have another one. I've been a mechanic my whole life and worked on everything you could imagine even spent 2008-2009 at the Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan taking car of the firetrucks for the airstrip. I have decided this will be my last restoration?? I feel so lucky to have found one like this.

Derek

" I did not drive it when there was salt on the roads"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts