Firebird Nation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just posted in the introduction forum. Basically my son and I just purchased a 78 Firebird Formula 350. I seems to be a pretty solid car. The previous owner installed a newer rebuilt GM 350, it has the original TH350 transmission and he replaced the rear end with a 10 bolt that belongs in the car. he fitted the engine with a Edelbrock manifold and a brand new Demon 650 carb and a new exhaust from the headers back. The floor pans are rotten from the car sitting outside for years with the rotten/missing weatherstripping letting in the rain. My son is an autobody tech and can do all of the bodywork and replace all of the floors. there are only 2 rot holes that we have found so far, so he will have to patch them as well. W are not planning a full frame off restoration, we are looking to build a really nice driver and we plan on doing every bit of work that we can. We have a heated shop at home and access to the body shop and lifts as we need them, they will also let us use the paint booth when we get to that point. I am attaching a budget and a schedule of sorts of what we plan to do and in what order, they are both a work in progress. I would love it if some of you would be willing to look them over and let us know what we are missing or if we are way off base. This will be our first build so any input is welcomed, including criticism, it will all help us in getting started. Thanks in advance

I will also upload a few photos later as well.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts