Firebird Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading my honeycombs from 15's to 17's. Bought them through classic industries. (Dangerous that a dealership in my hometown has a deal with them)I had 205/70R on the 15's. I'm thinking of going to a 245/45ZR17. Assuming that size should still for the rim. Not 100% though. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
A 9" wide wheel is the widest you can use the 245/45-17 on. That's a 25.7" tire.

Next size to consider is a 275/40-17, also a 25.7" diameter tire. A 9" wide wheel is the narrowest that size tire will fit correctly on.

In between is a 255/45-17, a 26.1" tire, OK on a 9" wide wheel.

What diameter tire are you running now?

PS: I edited the topic to "snowflake" for you.

·
Registered
576 Posts
17" tires on a 2nd gen can be a little tough to pick out. Like Injuneer asked what is your current tire size? Is your car stock ride height? Do you want all 4 tires the same so you can rotate them or a staggered set up. For a stock ride height you need 27" tall to fill the wheel wells up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Currently it has 24.7" tires. I've been going back and forth on if all 4 would be the same or staggered. Leaning towards all the same. It is at stock height. Possibly going to lower it 1.5" down the road, but that would be way down the road if I did do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.