Firebird Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced My tires/rims and it looks way better than before. My problem though is that I now have some major tire rub on my front fenders when turning. Mainly the left side. I had 15’s steelies on it and changed to 15 cragars. Here’s the after pic. Before pic is my profile pic. Any thoughts?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
1993 6-spd T/A - 1996 C4
2,910 Posts
Fifteen-inch is only one of the 3 major dimensions used when sizing wheels and it means absolutely nothing on it's own. There is also width, and offset. Obviously, width is how deep the wheels are such as 15x7 or 15x9, but offset is where its at. Offset (and backspacing) determines how far inward or outward the wheels actually sit. You obviously bought wider wheels than stock, did you account for offset?

Look how far your wheels are sticking out past the fenders in the rear. Offset (and backspacing) is what determines that. You could have the same wheels and tires in the rear, but a different offset would have placed everything inside the fender where they belong, or outside even farther.

Can't say why one side rubs more than the other, but you did make a major change to the geometry here. So, first things first. What is the width and offset of these new wheels.

Line Font Parallel Auto part Elbow

·
Administrator
15,264 Posts
^^^ 100% CORRECT ^^^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts