Firebird Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Bill-
I have a 1997 Pontiac Firebird V6 3.8 liter engine-
Recently I had an oil change and a new oil sensor put in and the Mechanic screwed up-
He used too much pressure in tightening the sensor and cracked the oil filter housing-
I am looking for a replacement part but I cannot get a legitimate part number to locate this part-
It appears there are replacements for the 5.7 liter V8 but no one has any information regarding the V6-
I have owned this car from day one-restored the interior and top, carpet, and mechanically babied this car-
Anyone who has any information, I would truly appreciate it-
Thanks for any help!
Email address is [email protected]

·
Administrator
1994 Firebird Formula 381ci LT1 / TH400+GV O/D
14,406 Posts
Is this possibly it?

Appears it is "discontinued". Need to look at a salvage yard. I have seen references to a part # 12569217, so the .....218 in this listing may be erroneous.

Out of curiosity, what sensor is mounted in that adapter? Oil pressure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Bill-
I have a 1997 Pontiac Firebird V6 3.8 liter engine-
Recently I had an oil change and a new oil sensor put in and the Mechanic screwed up-
He used too much pressure in tightening the sensor and cracked the oil filter housing-
I am looking for a replacement part but I cannot get a legitimate part number to locate this part-
It appears there are replacements for the 5.7 liter V8 but no one has any information regarding the V6-
I have owned this car from day one-restored the interior and top, carpet, and mechanically babied this car-
Anyone who has any information, I would truly appreciate it-
Thanks for any help!
Email address is [email protected]
Yes-it is used to monitor oil pressure and is a sending unit which alerts the operator of low oil pressure-
My engine light went on and it was this unit that failed-
The mechanic changed the unit but in doing so, created a crack in the housing-to much torque when tightening-that is what my mechanic (a different guy) told me-
Thanks for the help-now to find one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts