Firebird Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found, in about 1974, a much-abused Formula 400 for a good price. A soon-to-be-divorced couple were venting their anger at each other on the car.
I was involved with drag racing then and took it to the strip where it ran a 14.7 as it was.
I then bought a 455cu. in. engine out of a 1970 Grand Prix SJ (370hp and 500 ft/lbs of torque) modified it with a Racer Brown cam; headers, TransGO shift kit, 4.11 gears, factory Ram Air setup, and some 'HO Racing' minor mods and went bracket racing.
The car's best time was 13.08 at 109mph. Not impressive by today's standard, but this was a real, fully equipped street car- I drove it to work every day! It also was very driveable and got reasonable mileage. The modifications ( I did the labor) probably cost no more than $1000.

I also "de-smogged" a 1975 Trans Am 455 SD for a school teacher - who was then afraid to drive it because of the massive performance upgrade!

I sold it in Vancouver, Canada in about 1976, It had the Licence plate 'NBA 903' if I remember correctly. Sometimes I am curious about what happened to it.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wish I could tell you I have it... looks good trying to get the front tires in the air

1 - 2 of 2 Posts