Firebird Nation banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Cable bracket is on the way, inlinr tube sells it for like $11? On ebay free shipping

I cut down the driveshaft today and rewelded, put the 400 yoke on, ended up 1/4" sorter than i wanted but will do the job

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Thanks

So i realy cant believe the exhaust coming off the manifolds on her pontiac 350 is less than 2" od wow

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Looking good Tom, I have the same subframe connectors on my bird!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
So this car just wants to fight me every step, i got the shift cable modified to fit tge shift lever, go in the car ans goto pull out of park and cable snapped up by the shifter wtf

Contacted jegs since i bought it last november see what they say, this is an oer part

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Sub frame connectors all welded in

I only had 1 bad j clip in the rear spring mount, lucky i had one left from when i did the rear in my 67

The back of the frame connectors are bolted and welded , fronts just welded im debating if i should also drill holes and bolt them

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Nice Tom, but I don't really think you need to worry about bolting the sub frame in the front as the weld should be more then good.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Ok progress!

I scored a full ac system, original used shift cable, nice undented used wheel well chrome set

So the transmission now works!

Exhaust is mocked up and hung, just need to get tailpipe hangers and tighten everything up

Im running the jeggs stainless 2.5" header exhaust, true duals and stainless, wife wants quiet so for now we are running manifolds lol, so measured the header length on the 67 and made adapters to go from manifold pipes to the headers in case we ever do go with headers

Using the jeggs fake magnaflow chamber glasspacks, actually sounds nice especially at idle i was real suprised

Wife is itching to take her around the block lol
Original used shift cable dropped right in unlike the oer one that broke

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Way to go Tom I like it !

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
More progress, took her around the block, wife got to drive around block to so she is happy now wants it done, first burnout!

Also picked up the ac parts including the evaporator box for firewall

Now i did get 2 setups in the deal so i need pics of what is correct along with the compressor and brackets

Also what color should the evaporator box be
My wife is goona have a nicer car then me lol
And also here is pic of the tailpipe hanger i made, welded a nut to a muffler clamp and used the hanger setup that came in kit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
I did get the heater core replaced and replace the sud that was cut off the box, now to strip paint off the evap core box and get it installed
Pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Nice Tom, keep the pics and progress coming.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Since silver is the cars original color i think the wife is decided after seeing scotts car thats what she wants, silver with the black tail panel

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Since silver is the cars original color i think the wife is decided after seeing scotts car thats what she wants, silver with the black tail panel
Wow, I am surprised that my car swayed someones opinion on what color to go with...lol I think you will be happy with the silver man. Do you know what color silver you are going with? Mine is Mercedes Benz Brilliant silver. I have the color code if you are interested.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts