Firebird Nation banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
They do, just need a guy that knows how to make them fit, guy said that the 69 camaro fenders are worse

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Dug her out, attacked the trans leaks, new module, replaced cracked dip stick tube, have TAIL seal and shiftrr seal on the way (TH400)

Now onto the dash and all that ac ductwork

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
dash is in, duct work, gauges, new printed circuit on the gauges and all new bulbs, new speedo cable, dm3 helped me "kilmat" the floors.

got the new carpet in , new package tray and retro sound speakers front and back, speaker wires all run

rear side panels are all cleaned and re glued and installed with new oer winder handles, quarter glass moves perfect up down after a good soaking of the tracks and gears and rollers with fluid film

all the original lap belts are cleaned an re installed

original console is cleaned polished painted and installed, sifter indicator had to be taken apart cleaned painted and reassembled so shifter and consoles all done, dome lights installed

need to figure how to get pics here from google lol we have tags and insurance so wifes getting excited

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
brand new ed koch (sp?) vynil wrapped dash, few minutes in the sun and it warped right up , expensive trash

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
that was the vinyl wrapped abs dash, it went back and i installed the oer urethane dash pad it sucks too imo, dash is done now glove box is in and doors on

we also swapped out the 2.56:1 rear and put in a 10 bolt 3.08:1 posi, i did have to swap the spring perches from mono to multi leaf, service, new pinion seal, redi sleeve, had to get a combo u joint, installed brakes, rebled system with dot 5

i also got the fuel sender wire hole drilled and sender hooked up

and i rear tail lights and markers installed and working

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
We are driving now, first show was last Saturday,only gen 1 bird there.

I put the front and rear glass in myself with butyl , and installed the chrome window trims.

Transmission still being an ahole , th400, I've done every seal now since the pump seal went and I had to pull the trans for that.

Speedo is good now, needed to swap the gear to a 43 tooth , I have 3.08:1 rear and 255/60/15 tires and 160 speedometer.

I am waiting on a governor kit for the trans because it is in 3rd before 30mph with the new rear.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood

201 - 216 of 216 Posts