Firebird Nation banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
New aluminum rad, stupid cheap think was eBay like 130 shipped?
Flushed engine and heater core, fresh anti freeze and thermostat

Wife bought me a set of 14" rally 2

New exhaust,2.5" jegs 229 shipped, didn't like the fake magnuflows bought generic 1 chambers 63 shipped pair

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dropped the points dizzy back in, new air filter $39 shipped complete
New retro type valve covers 61 pair shipped, I had to slot the holes a tad but they look great

Also got my 400 ram air radiator panels installed
We also regapped plugs, set timing , idle, dwell
1975 nova overflow bottle

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Picked up some free tires for the rims my wife bought
215/70/14 front
225/70/14 rear

I need to get rid of the old school lift shackles in the rear
Yes you do need to get rid of them just like I need to get rid of the air shocks on mine. But I am sure my springs are shot so I need to replace those first. I like those beauty rings.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It looks way up in the air. How far down is the shackle anyways. My stock ones measure 3.125" center to center. Maybe the 79 springs have more arch than the 1st gen.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are going to show everything you do to your car maybe you should put it in the 1st generation showroom.
You know I did sort of look for a place to post the thread before posting it, guess I missed the showroom, I see it was moved :)

·
Member of 455 1st gen
1,573 Posts
thatnx for this.......lots of great builds going on with pages and pages of parts........great to have another

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Fyi tune up specs I used
Plug AC 45s .035 gap
Dwell 30
Idle 600 ( stick car)
Timing 6*
Vaccum was 20" at idle
Firing order 18436572

Iirc plugs I had in engine were r45s don't know if the resistor plug makes a difference since it is first listed for use in 69 firebird

·
']['exXxas']['itan
759 Posts
Take a pic of your shackles, I wanna see whats cookin under there.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought some moroo super loom to make the engine look cleaner, I see why they sell spare tabs, they break, Mr gasket sells a similar product and its crap super brittle plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So updates I guess

3:23 posi 8.5 rear installed with second Gen springs and new poly bushings and shackles, compe engineering slapper bars for good measure

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Pulled the muncie shifter cleaned painted polished and lubed
Scored an in box still looks new pertronix flamethrower billet distributor for Pontiac v8 on Craigslist $125

Guy said it was on a brand new engine and ran a few times, looks unused except for a few marks on the gear

Attachments

1 - 20 of 218 Posts