Firebird Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Trans Am - 400 - TH350 - 3.23 - Y82 - WS6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This here is to keep track, share, ask, and whatever else regarding my 1978 Tran Am build. With the help of the PHS records I know this car has the Y82, WS6, A/C, and power everything. Has Hurst T-Tops but still need to verify whether 1st or 2nd design (just haven't gone and looked).

Current state of affairs are not the best but not the worst. The following are pictures when first received 10/21/2020

A tune up, carb rebuild, bleeding brakes, and overall cleaning are in the works until Jan. Life does not alllow much time to work on, but I at least want to get it back driving again and not as a shelf in the garage...

Reference posts:
Mine:
Other references:

·
Registered
112 Posts
You've got a great Father & Son project there. When time allows, could you post a few close-up pics of the engine compartment including a shot showing the front and top of your Quadrajet? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've got a great Father & Son project there. When time allows, could you post a few close-up pics of the engine compartment including a shot showing the front and top of your Quadrajet? Thanks.
Trying to document as much as I can and funny you should mention that! Already took carb pics (unable to get bay pics now but will tomorrow during day with better lighting) and I just briefly noticed that the choke plate is not connected to anything…

·
Registered
112 Posts
About that choke. Hmmmm. It may be contributing to the driveability issues you mentioned on your other introductory post. Anyhow....congratulations on the journey you've begun! All of us will be following and helping when we can.

·
Ramblin' Wreck
5,203 Posts
Unconnected (not jammed) QuadraJet choke plate is already always open when the engine is started. Just makes starting harder.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts